Sharing a Room in THP+FC

Q: I work for a THP+FC provider. We have a young woman who would like to share her bedroom with her boyfriend, who is the father of her child. He is not in extended foster care or in THP-Plus. Is this allowable?

A: No, it is not allowable. A Non-Minor Dependent (NMD) may share an apartment or house with her another adult, provided the adult is has had a background check and been fingerprinted, but may not share a bedroom with another person unless that person is a NMD or participating in THP-Plus.

Concerns about this policy have been  raised with Community Care Licensing and a work group has been convened to revisit it, along with a number of other THP+FC regulations. However, this is current policy.

Source: Health and Safety Code 1559.110; THPP Regulations 86087(b) and Interim Licensing Standards 86187(c)(5)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: