Social Worker Credentials for THP+FC

Q: I am a THP+FC provider and I am having a very hard time hiring a social worker with a Master’s degree for our program. I understand this is a requirement of the program in regulation. Is there any way to get an exception from the county child welfare agency or Community Care Licensing?

A: Yes, a licensed THP+FC provider may apply to the Community Care Licensing for an exception if all of the following exist:

  1. A supervisor who meets the requirements supervises the individual;
  2. The person has completed the coursework and field practice or experience requirements specified in regulations.
  3. The person has at least a Baccalaureate Degree in a human services or a behavioral science from an accredited school.

Source: THPP 86065.3

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: