Updated AB 12 Re-Entry Contact List

Q: I was previously in foster care, then exited last year when I was 18. I would like to re-enter extended foster care but I don’t have my former social worker’s contact information and I don’t know who to contact at the county. Who do I contact?

A: You should use this AB 12 re-entry contact list, which was just updated in May 2019: https://www.jbaforyouth.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/CWDA-AB-12-Re-Entry-Contact-list-05-20-19.pdf. Scroll down to find your county and there will be a phone number and email address to contact.

To re-enter extended foster care, you must be under age 21, and sign a voluntary re-entry agreement (SOC 163), which provides the county with the authority for placement for 180 days. Once this is signed, foster care benefits begin the date the agreement is signed or the date that you are placed in a qualified placement, whichever is later. You must agree to satisfy one of the five participation conditions of extended foster care – which is indicated by your signing the SOC 163 – then continue to satisfy that requirement pending completion of the Transitional Independent Living Plan (TILP) that documents your continuing participation.

For more information on extended foster care, visit the California Fostering Connections to Success Act section of the JBAY website: http://www.jbaforyouth.org/ca-fostering-connections/.


Welfare & Institutions Code section 388(e)

California Department of Social Services, All County Letter 12-12 (March 23, 2012)


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: